PHARMACIST- Lynn, MA
Posted September 23, 2022
Program/s: Community Pharmacy Cooperative
Reports to: Pharmacy Director
Classification: Individual Contributor
Job description revision number: v2
The Community Health Center Retail Pharmacist is responsible for overseeing the distribution of medications to patients. Their duties include communicating with health center physicians to determine the type of medication and dosage for a patient, taking inventory of pharmaceutical drugs to reorder them based on local demand and interacting with pharmacy patients/customers to give them their prescriptions and answer medication questions. The Pharmacist will control medications by monitoring drug therapies; advising interventions. Additionally, completing pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians’ workflow, verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, and verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacy information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies.
- Develops clinic staff’s pharmacy knowledge by participating in clinical programs and training pharmacy staff, students, interns, residents, and health care professionals.
- Complies with state and federal drug laws and regulations.
- Maintains records for controlled substances and removes outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory.
- Maintains separate 340B drug inventory as appropriate.
- Supervises the work results of support personnel.
- Maintains current registration.
- Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and necessary to successfully oversee Pharmacy Services.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- Ensure safe prescribing and dispensing of medication
- Knowledge of FDA, BOP and all applicable regulations
- Ability to manage processes and develop implementation strategies
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy legal compliance
- Familiarity with adherence packaging and home delivery
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- Strong analytical and organizational skills including ability to analyze data to identify trends and communicate them through effective reporting methods
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills including experience presenting complex information to senior leaders
- Skilled in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgement, discretion, and decision making to achieve objectives
Desired Other Skills:
- Familiarity with 340B program
- Familiarity with the MassHealth ACO program
- Familiarity with Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Experience with anti-racism activities, and/or lived experience with racism is highly preferred
- Graduate degree from an accredited pharmacy college recognized by the American Council of Pharmaceutical Education (ACPE)
- Valid state pharmacist license
- CPR or CPR/AED certificate
- Bachelor of pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy degree
Community Care Cooperative (C3) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Accountable Care Organization (ACO) governed by Federally Quality Health Centers (FQHCs). Our mission is to leverage the collective strengths of FQHCs to improve the health and wellness of the people we serve. We are a fast-growing organization founded in 2016 with 9 health centers and now serving hundreds of thousands of beneficiaries who receive primary care at health centers and independent practices across Massachusetts. We are an innovative organization developing new partnerships and programs to improve the health of members and communities, and to strengthen our health center partners.
** In compliance with Covid-19 Infection Control practices per Mass.gov recommendations, we require all employees to be vaccinated consistent with applicable law. **