Manager, National Strategy
Posted October 23, 2023
Program/s: Community Care Cooperative
Reports to: Senior Director of National Strategy
Classification: Individual Contributor
Job description revision number: V 3.0; 10/23/2023
Reporting to the Sr. Director of National Strategy, the National Strategy manager supports the execution of C3’s national strategy which includes developing relationships with out-of-state (OOS) FQHCs, Primary Care Associations (PCAs), and Health Center Controlled Networks (HCCNs) to jointly collaborate on Medicaid and Medicare contracts, recruiting OOS FQCH’s into C3’s Medicare risk contracts, and leading C3’s consulting business division.
- Implements national recruitment campaign for OOS health centers, PCAs, and HCCNs to participate in C3’s Medicare risk contract offerings.
- Identifies and evaluates Medicare value-based contract (VBC) opportunities for C3 participation and leads the application submission process.
- Collaborates with leaders and peers across the organization to implement new Medicare VBC contracts and supports the onboard process for OOS health centers.
- Supports federal policy agenda and advocacy focused on Medicare and Medicaid VBCs.
- Coordinates with practice transformation managers (PTX), Medicare Performance Manager, and Manager of Value Based Contract Operations to support OOS health centers participating in C3’s Medicare risk contracts.
- Develop relationships with OOS FQHCs, PCAs, and HCCNs to support Medicaid contracting
partnerships and acts as the relationship manager for those participating in C3’s risk contracts.
- Leads consulting business to support OOS FQHCs, PCAs, or HCCNs’ transition to VBCs
- Conducts market-level research to support OOS Medicaid engagements.
- Attends conferences to support business development efforts and build C3 brand.
- All other duties as assigned
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaborative and effectively across departments and levels
within the organization
- Experience with Medicare/Medicaid value-based programs, 1115 Waiver, CMMI Models, or
ACO policy is required
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50-75% of the time
- Ability to travel required, approximately 30% of the time
- This is a hybrid position and may require you to work both remote and in-person as required by the department
Desired Other Skills:
- Familiarity with Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Familiarity with MassHealth ACO Program
- Experience with anti-racism activities, and/or lived experience with racism is highly preferred
- Consulting experience is highly preferred
- Bi/multi-lingual candidates highly preferred
- Project-management skills preferred (not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Post-graduate degree in health care, business administration, law, or finance field preferred (not required).
- 3-5 years of Professional Experience preferred
Community Care Cooperative (C3) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Accountable Care Organization (ACO) governed by Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs). Our mission is to leverage the collective strengths of FQHCs to improve the health and wellness of the people we serve. We are a fast- growing organization founded in 2016 with 9 health centers and now serving hundreds of thousands of beneficiaries who receive primary care at health centers and independent practices across Massachusetts. We are an innovative organization developing new partnerships and programs to improve the health of members and communities, and to strengthen our health center partners.
** In compliance with Covid-19 Infection Control practices per Mass.gov recommendations, we require all employees to be vaccinated consistent with applicable law. *